(Because I know at least one of you was thinking it!)
There's probably a post like this somewhere else in the forum, but a.) I can't remember where it is, and b.) I wanted it near the top of the forum. Obviously the Dove has been dead for a long time, but there are still returning members checking in and first-time visitors looking for a place to discuss Tamora Pierce, so it's worth compiling a list of links where that still happens:
- Goldenlake - Tamora Pierce discussion board started by ex-Dancing Dove members.
- FYTortall - Tamora Pierce appreciation tumblr
- Tammy's official tumblr
- tumblr in general - Fandom has unofficially relocated to tumblr over the past several years, and you can check the tamora pierce, tortall, and emelan tags (as well as the tag of your favorite characters and pairings) for all the fandom happenings, and you can follow a variety of fan-run blogs. A lot of old Dovers are on tumblr as well!
- The Queen's Readers - Fan-written essays on Tamora Pierce's books, available through Amazon. (The Kindle version is only 99¢!)
- Mark Reads Tamora Pierce - A chapter by chapter read-along of Tamora Pierce's works.
That's all I know of, but feel free to drop off other relevant links in this thread!
On a personal note, it's been years and years, but I still have really fond memories of this place and especially the people. We had a lot of fun! As long as yuku stays online, the Dove will be open so people can revisit the discussions, fanfiction, and shenanigans whenever they feel compelled to do so. (Just keep in mind that fandom has changed a lot over the past twelve years, and so have we!) I hope you're all leading wonderful, happy lives. Drop a note to say hey and feel free to link your current fandom haunts if you want to! It's been real.